Position: All-rounder / Driver
Client: Private Family
Gross salary: £35,000 / £40,000 gross pa
Requirements: Previous experience;
Available type(s): permanent, full-time, live-out
Location: Hendon, London (NW7)
Are you based in North London and looking for a new role?
We are currently searching for a reliable All Rounder (Caretaker / Handyperson / Maintenance Manager / Security & Car Fleet Manager) who can carry out or oversee repairs and oversee the general maintenance and running of our family’s North London (Hendon, NW7) properties & their grounds.
You will manage the budget to ensure running costs are economically efficient by negotiating with external suppliers to obtain the best terms. Manage the extensive wine cellar and its corresponding records system and oversee security to ensure the safety and protection of our premises, assets, staff and visitors.
Maintain the family cars, including the classic car collection and provide a chauffeur service when required. You will be working as part a long-established team, working alongside a full-time gardener, assistant gardener, two full-time housekeepers and a security guard, all reporting directly to the Principal and his wife. You will be a member of the household team. Practical maintenance skills are essential as well as flexibility, professionalism, a can-do positive attitude and a friendly demeanour.
Core Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm, but the family would also consider Part-time Person / 3 days per week.
- General up-keep and cost management for the London properties
- Oversee and maintain computer equipment and corresponding software
- Manage security
- Ensure all vehicles remain clean and well maintained
- Attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of Office 365
- Familiarity with facilities management software tools
- Understanding of the technical features of plumbing, carpentry, and electrics
- Valid clean driver’s licence & clear criminal record including no traffic offences
- Ability to work during evenings, on weekends, and on public holidays, as required
- Ability to tend to emergencies outside of normal working hours
- Trained in First-Aid desirable
The successful candidate will be:
- Energetic and practical
- Solution orientated
- Living locally to NW7 (max 30 min)
- Experience in project management and negotiations helpful
- Neatly presented and professional, articulate with good interpersonal skills
The salary is £35,000 / £40,000 gross per annum. The position comes with 20 days of paid holidays (+ bank holidays). This is a stable and long-term role.
To apply for this role, please email us your CV at [email protected]