Position: Live-out Butler
Client: Private Family of two
Gross salary: £27 gross ph
Requirements: Mastery of English, 5 years experience;
Available type(s): permanent, part-time, live-out
Location: Canary Wharf (E14)
Are you a professional Butler in London looking for a new part-time role?
An experienced live-out part-time Butler is sought to look after a 3-bedrooms penthouse located in Canary Wharf (E14). We’re looking for a very experienced individual, with exacting standards to support a family of two – Mother (with moderate Alzheimer’s disease) and Daughter, with keeping a lovely and welcoming home with laundry, ironing, cleaning, house management, light nutritious cooking and snacks, errands etc.
About the household: Mother is supported by a team of carers (moderate Alzheimer’s disease) & Daughter (full-time working). A rather quiet life and limited number of visitors but with the need for the private staff team to ensure the pressure of household management is removed from Principle and that she is able to spend quality time with her mother.
The family is down to earth, private individuals who like quality, food, service and a luxury small home. The Principal has a reputation as a fun, fair, collaborative employer, with high standards. You will be working with a professional, fun and collaborative care team.
Working schedule: 4 days per week, 5 hours every day; Mon to Thursday 9 to 2pm would be ideal, but the Principal is very flexible; No weekends required.
Starting date: ASAP / Can wait up to one month notice.
The duties include:
- Ensuring a lovely, welcoming, clean home for residents
- Ensuring the household is smooth running and immaculately clean
- Supervision of a cleaning maid (to be recruited by the butler)
- Regular interaction with Principle residents to ensure needs are met
- Responsible with maid for all cleaning, laundry, ironing tidying and wardrobe management
- Caring for household guests (limited)
- Organising and running all aspects of social events, dinners, seasonal preparation (limited but essential)
- Preparing nutritious light meals, drinks and snacks
- Serving, meals, drinks and snacks
- Setting a calm, harmonious tone of the household
- Anticipating needs and adapting accordingly
- Experience of calm, high profile, excellent, discreet service
- Running errands for the family
- Online shopping and household management
- Collection of deliveries
- Interaction with external contractors and services
- Must be able to be empathic and understanding with Principle condition
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Mastery of English
- Immaculate presentation and excellent communication skills required
- At least 5 years’ experience as a butler, working for an HNW family
- Only non-smokers & fully vaccinated can be considered for the role
- Clean Enhanced DBS check & excellent references are required prior to start
The salary is £27 gross ph (can be PAYE or S/E, depending on the candidate’ situation). This is a stable and long-term role with a lovely long-standing client of ours. After a period of time (~12 months), the role can become full-time for the right candidate. The position comes with pro-rata paid holidays.