Position: Live-in or Live-out Chef
Client: Private Family
Salary: R10,000 to R20,000 gross per month
Requirements: 5-8 years of experience, driving is essential, a deep knowledge of culinary excellence of Gujarati cuisine, Indian, Western, Continental, Oriental and Italian cuisine & 7-course fine dining.
Available Type(s): Permanent, full-time, live-in or live-out
Location: Sandton district of Johannesburg, South Africa
When applying, please include the proof of right to work, references and culinary portfolio along with the CV.
Are you a professional chef looking for a new exciting role?
Our client is seeking a Full-time Indian Chef to work in the Sandton district of Johannesburg, catering for their family of soon to be six (adults and children). You will be required to have a deep knowledge of culinary excellence of Gujarati cuisine, Indian, Western, Oriental and Italian cuisine & 7-course fine dining.
You need to be able to provide attention-to-detail dishes that the client’s family expect and have 5-8 years of experience. Helpers for dishwashing is available. Having a driving license is a must. Ideally, this is a live-out position, but live-in can be also considered.
Working hours: Early morning to late afternoon, but some flexibility is required when entertaining guests. Weekly and holiday off. The starting date is ASAP;
- Day-to-day cooking for the Principals and guests
- Shopping for ingredients
- Create seasonal dishes that are cost-effective
- Be able to present food beautifully
- Be creative with menu planning
- Keeping up with nutritional information
- Listening and understanding Principals’ needs
- Ensure all hygiene and food safety standards are maintained
- Mastery knowledge of Gujarati cuisine, Indian, Western, Oriental, Continental and Italian cuisine & 7-course fine dining
- Good level of English and 5-8 years’ experience;
- Being a driver is essential
- Approachable and friendly character
- Flexible, loyal, looking for a long-term position
- Having the right to work in South Africa
- Available immediately
- A criminal background check will be required before the start;
The salary for the position is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. It starts at R10,000 to R20,000 gross per month. Annual leave included. Live-in accommodation can be available.
To apply for this role, please email us your CV at [email protected]