Position: Live-in Companion
Client(s): Private Family
Guaranteed annual gross salary: TBC
Requirements: previous experience, Native English, non-smoker
Available type(s): permanent, live-in, 32h/week;
Location: Canary Wharf, London, UK
Are you a professional Companion looking for a new role?
A Live-in Companion is required to care for an active and fun-loving lady in her 80s, based in Canary Wharf, London who suffers from Alzheimer’s early stages.
We are looking for an experienced and deeply caring person with one of the following: nursing, nannying or professional background. With a deep and compassionate approach to understanding the changing needs of a dementia sufferer, flexible and sensitive to the needs of others. Ideally, a person who wants to work as a team with the daughter and be part of the family. The role doesn’t include any personal care.
The ideal candidate is someone taking an active interest in what the client wants to do and talking with her and engage her in deep, intellectual conversations.
- Arranging and doing activities such as visiting gardens, lunches, walks
- Taking an active interest
- Plan trips to social/recreational activities
- Assistance with hobbies
- Entertainment – games, reading, puzzles
- Provide emotional companionship
- Being a friend, sitting and listening to her
- Assist with the activities of daily living
- Light cooking
- Observe and report changes in the client’s physical condition, behavior or appearance
Working schedule: 32 hours/week.
This will vary from week to week across Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. A monthly in advance rota will be supplied. A typical week could look like the two examples below:
- Tuesday 8-6, Wednesday 8-6, Thursday evening 5.30 – 10.30pm and Saturday 9-2pm or
- Tuesday, 8-6, Wednesday 8-6, Thursday 8-6 and Saturday 10-12pm
Monday and Fridays only by mutual arrangement and would not be a regular occurrence. The changing shift patterns are to support the client daughter’s work schedule.
The starting date: anytime between immediate and 4th January 2021;
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Having previous experience with checkable references
- Native English speaker
- Nursing, nannying or professional background
- Sensitive, reliable and proactive
- Non-smoker and up-to-date Enhanced DBS
The salary for this role is TBC, depending on the successful candidate experience. 5 weeks holidays; all UK Bank holidays off; The position comes with a luxury self-contained flat next door (separate from the main property). The flat is one bed, with the city, river views and balcony in the heart of Canary Wharf, all bills included;
Training in Dementia will be provided.