Position: Part-time Companion
Client(s): Private Family
Net salary: £35 net/h (£53 gph)
Requirements: previous experience, English as a first language, able to engage in intellectual conversations, non-smoker
Available type(s): permanent, live-out, 8h/week;
Location: Canary Wharf, London, UK
Are you a professional Companion looking for a new part-time role?
A Part-time Companion is required to care for an active and fun-loving lady in her 80s, based in Canary Wharf, London who suffers from Dementia early stages.
We are looking for an experienced and deeply caring person with one of the following: nursing, nannying or professional background. With a deep and compassionate approach to understanding the changing needs of a dementia sufferer, flexible and sensitive to the needs of others. Ideally, a person who wants to work as a team with the daughter and be part of the family. The role doesn’t include any personal care.
The ideal candidate is someone taking an active interest in what the client wants to do and talking with her and engage her in deep, intellectual conversations. The 8 hours would be active talking to and interaction with the lady, supporting her by listening and watching TV and walks. Preparing light meals and all drinks. Must be prepared to have lunch with her and be an active listener and partake in watching TV with her.
- Arranging and doing activities such as visiting gardens, lunches, walks, if possible
- Taking an active interest
- Plan trips to social/recreational activities
- Assistance with hobbies
- Entertainment – games, reading, puzzles
- Provide emotional companionship
- Being a friend, sitting and listening to her and watch TV
- Assist with the activities of daily living
- Preparing light meals and all drinks;
- Observe and report changes in the client’s physical condition, behaviour or appearance
Working schedule: Wednesday 9 AM to 1 PM & Thursday 12 PM to 4 PM and occasional overnights.
If the candidate was wanting more hours after a 12 week period, the client could consider, it could be two days per week (8 hour days) any of Monday, Tuesday Wednesday Thursday. May change each week, not on Fri, Sat, Sun, and separate accommodation can be provided.
The starting date: 14th April 2021;
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Having previous experience with checkable references
- English as a first language;
- Nursing, nannying or professional background
- Sensitive, reliable and proactive
- Non-smoker and up-to-date Enhanced DBS
The salary for this role is £35 net per hour.
If in the future the hours will increase, the position will come with a luxury self-contained flat next door (separate from the main property). The flat is one bed, with the city, river views and balcony in the heart of Canary Wharf, all bills included;
Training in Dementia will be provided.