Position: Live-in Domestic Couple
Client: Private family
Guaranteed annual gross salary: £60,000 per couple
Requirements: 3 years’ experience, a good level of English, confident driver
Available type(s): permanent, full-time, live-in, long term
Location: Meonstoke, Hampshire (SO32), UK
To apply for this position, please submit your CV in .doc format at [email protected]
A lovely British family of 5 is looking for a live-in Domestic couple for their full-time residence located in Hampshire, just 30 min away from Winchester (SO32). The large family home has 32 acres of land, woods and rivers and also formal gardens. The main property has 7-bedrooms and 4 floors.
This professional role is for a trustworthy, reliable, and hardworking couple who enjoys the great outdoors and are looking for a long term role. The family has a lovely vegetable garden and fruit trees. The family employs a nanny and a gardener, so being a team player is a must. No travelling will be required. At least one of you must be a driver.
Working schedule: Mon-Fri, up to 50 hours/week. Weekends are off, but some flexibility is required and appreciated. The starting date is ASAP.
Main Duties Housekeeper:
- Cleaning, sweeping, hoovering, dusting throughout
- Laundry, ironing and shoe cleaning and arrange dry cleaning
- Light cooking and meal planning with Principal
- Occasional shopping for groceries for principals and their guests
- Display cut flower arrangements from the gardens
- Assist with larger dinner parties and other events occasionally
- Supervise ad-hoc cleaning and manage petty cash
- Occasionally babysitting and light childcare
Main Duties House Manager / Gardener:
- General property maintenance
- Gardening, along with the other employed gardener
- Grounds maintenance, leaf clearing, driveway raking, border tidying, sweeping
- Look after the animals
- Oversee security of the estate and act as the first responder to alarms
- Arrange and oversee tradesmen
- Occasionally drive principals to/from airport/station/restaurant/etc
- Clean and generally look after cars, arrange repairs/servicing
- Maintain stock of logs for open fires, lay/light/clear when necessary
- Taking out bins and DIY jobs
- Take deliveries, messages, gate portering/locking gates at night
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Good level of English
- 3 years’ experience, with checkable references
- At least one must be a confident driver
- Loyal and looking for a long-term commitment
- DBS check required before start
The salary is £60.000 yearly gross per couple. The provided accommodation consists of a sitting room, double bedroom with kitchen and bathroom, at the lower ground in the main house. All bills such as heating, electricity, water, Internet and council tax will be covered by the Principals. Food is not included. Also, 28 days of paid holiday including bank holidays are offered.
Some pets might be allowed at the provided accommodation (TBC with the Principals on a case by case).