Position: Live-in Domestic Couple
Client: Private Family
Salary: Competitive salary
Requirements: EU passport, cooking skills, driving licence, available immediately;
Available type(s): Permanent, full-time, live-in
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Are you an honest and hardworking Couple looking for a new role?
A lovely family based in Geneva, Switzerland is looking for a live-in domestic couple for their full-time residence (Housekeeper Cook and Gardener). The estate includes a large 2-bedrooms house, a beautiful garden, terrace, swimming pool and wooden chalets for the staff.
This professional role is for a respectful, honest, reliable, and hardworking couple who enjoys cooking, the great outdoors and working with pets. The Principals love pets, and they have 12 cats and 14 dogs.
The main responsibility of the Housekeeper will be to cook and serve healthy dishes for the family and maintain the cleanliness of their home.
The main responsibility of the Gardener will be keeping the garden clean and tidy, grounds maintenance, leaf clearing, driveway raking, border tidying, sweeping and looking after and pick up after the dogs and cats.
At least one must drive and a car will be provided. No travelling will be required. Being a team player is a must, as this is a fully staffed house.
Working schedule: 8 hours/day for 5 or 5.5 days a week, with 2 or 1.5 days off.
The starting date is ASAP.
Main Duties Housekeeper:
- Cooking and meal planning with the Principal
- Cleaning the house on a daily & weekly basis
- Cleaning the kitchen daily and tidying after meals
- Laundry, ironing and shoe cleaning
- Cleaning product knowledge and what to use on correct surfaces (such as marble, silver nickel, expensive China etc.)
- Organising the cupboards, fridge, pantries
- Arrange dry cleaning
- Display cut flower arrangements from the gardens
Main Duties Gardener:
- General property maintenance
- Keeping the garden clean and tidy
- Grounds maintenance, leaf clearing, driveway raking, border tidying, sweeping
- Look after, walk and pick up after the dogs and cats
- Shopping for groceries
- Assist with larger dinner parties and other events occasionally
- Supervise ad-hoc cleaning
- Oversee security of the estate and act as the first responder to alarms
- Arrange and oversee tradesmen
- Occasionally drive principals to/from airport/station/restaurant/etc
- Clean and generally look after cars, arrange repairs/servicing
- Maintain stock of logs for open fires, lay/light/clear when necessary
- Monitor supplies and re-order
- Taking out bins
- Take deliveries, messages, gate portering / answering the gate to guests
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Holding an EU passport is a must
- A good level of English or French
- Previous experience, with checkable references
- At least one to be a confident driver – a staff car will be provided
- Great cooking skills
- Pet friendly
- Flexible for rotation, to cover evenings/weekends
- Loyal and looking for a long-term commitment
- Only non-smokers will be considered
- DBS check required prior to start
The salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. The couple will live in a separate furnished wooden chalet, with one bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, heating, electricity, water and internet. Food is included. A car will be provided for business and exceptional personal use. No pets or dependents are allowed at the provided accommodation. The position comes with 4 weeks of paid holiday and other bonuses based on performance.
To apply for this role, please email us your CV at [email protected]