Position: Live-in Domestic Couple
Client: Private Family
Salary: starting at £57,000 gpa joint
Requirements: previous experience, a good level of English, non-smokers
Available type(s): permanent, full-time, live-in
Location: Sevenoaks, Kent (TN14)
Are you a professional Couple looking for a new role?
A lovely family of four is looking for a live-in Domestic couple for their full-time residence located in the leafy town of Sevenoaks, Kent (TN14). The main property has 4-bedrooms and is located on a beautiful estate with grounds and gardens.
This role is for a trustworthy, reliable, and hardworking couple (Housekeeper and Chauffeur/Gardener) who enjoys the great outdoors. The family has two young children, but they employ a nanny. The family has no pets. No daily cooking will be required.
Working schedule: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. Weekends are usually off, but some flexibility is required and appreciated. The starting date is ASAP.
Main Duties Housekeeper:
- Cleaning, sweeping, hoovering, dusting throughout
- Laundry, ironing, shoe cleaning and arrange dry cleaning
- Wardrobe management
- Rarely cooking and meal planning with Principal
- Occasional shopping for groceries for Principals and their guests
- Display cut flower arrangements
- Assist with larger dinner parties and other events occasionally
- Supervise ad-hoc cleaning and manage petty cash
Main Duties Chauffeur/Gardener:
- Chauffeuring the family and the nanny (school runs)
- General property maintenance
- Gardening, grounds maintenance, leaf clearing, driveway raking, border tidying, sweeping
- Oversee security of the estate and act as the first responder to alarms
- Arrange and oversee tradesmen
- Clean and generally look after cars, arrange repairs/servicing
- Taking out bins and DIY jobs
- Take deliveries, messages, gate portering/locking gates at night
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Good level of English
- At least two years of similar experience, with checkable references
- At least one must be a confident driver (ideally both)
- DBS check required before start
The salary starts at £57.000 gross per annum joint. The provided accommodation is separated from the main house and consists of a cottage with one bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. Bills such as heating, electricity, water, Internet and council tax will be covered by the Principals. Food is not included. The position comes with 28 days of paid holiday including bank holidays/days in-lieu.