Position: Live-in Domestic Couple
Client: Private Family
Salary: starting at £47,000 gpa joint (DOE)
Requirements: previous experience, a good level of English, cooking skills, non-smoker
Available type(s): permanent, full-time, live-in
Location: Cotswolds (OX7), UK
Are you looking for a new role as a live-in domestic couple?
A lovely British family is looking for a live-in Domestic couple for their full-time residence, located 40 min away from Oxford, in the lovely area of Cotswolds. The main property has 5-bedrooms and is located on a large and beautiful farm, with animals, gardens and woods.
This role is for a trustworthy, reliable, and hardworking couple who enjoys the great outdoors, countryside life and are looking for a long-term role. The family has one cat and four dogs. The family employs a Farm Manager and one live-out housekeeper, so being a team player is a must. At least one of you must be a driver.
Working schedule: Full-time, 5 days per week, usually including weekends. The starting date is ASAP.
- Cleaning, sweeping, hoovering, dusting throughout
- Laundry, ironing and shoe cleaning and arrange dry cleaning
- Cooking and meal planning with the Principal
- Occasional shopping for groceries for the Principals and their guests
- Display cut flower arrangements from the gardens
- Assist with larger dinner parties and other events occasionally
- Supervise ad-hoc cleaning and manage petty cash
- General property maintenance
- Gardening, grounds maintenance, leaf clearing, driveway raking, border tidying, sweeping
- Look after the animals and assist the Farm Manager
- Oversee security of the estate and act as the first responder to alarms
- Arrange and oversee tradesmen
- Occasionally drive the Principals to/from airport/station/restaurant/etc
- Clean and generally look after cars, arrange repairs/servicing
- Maintain stock of logs for open fires, lay/light/clear when necessary
- Taking out bins and DIY jobs
- Take deliveries, messages, gate portering/locking gates at night
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Good level of English
- At least one year experience, with checkable references
- At least one must be a confident driver (ideally both)
- DBS check required before start
The salary starts at £47.000 gross per annum joint DOE. The provided accommodation consists of a triple bedroom cottage with a private garden. Bills such as heating, electricity, water, Internet and council tax will be covered by the Principals. Food is not included. The position comes with 28 days of paid holiday including bank holidays. International travelling to Europe and to South America might be required, but is not essential. Some small pets (dogs) might be allowed at the provided accommodation (TBC with the Principals on a case by case).
To apply for this role, please email us your CV at [email protected]