Executive Assistant Wanted – Jobs in London – Vacancy Summary
Position: Executive Assistant
Guaranteed annual gross salary: between £35,000 and £45,000
Requirements: 5 years of previous experience
Available type(s): permanent, full-time, live-out
Location: Central London, UK
Are you looking for an executive assistant job in London?
The successful applicant will work in a small team as the executive assistant (EA) to the principal. Their main duties will revolve around ensuring the principal’s day-to-day engagements go smoothly and any unforeseen issues are dealt with effectively and efficiently. The applicant will need to be flexible and discreet due to the principal’s busy schedule and high-profile engagements in the UK and overseas. The chosen candidate will be professional yet approachable, a doer and hardworking, enthusiastic about their role and a born problem-solver. Only team players who possess quiet confidence and can remain calm during stressful situations will be considered. Starting date in mid-May.
The Executive Assistant’s Duties Include:
• Management of the principal’s diary to arrange meetings and appointments spanning different time zones.
• Organise travel, visas, accommodation and different types of transportation with businesses and the rest of the team.
• Manage correspondence
• Help recruit and manage household staff – and build outstanding working relationships with these staff members.
• Work with contractors and suppliers.
• Travel to appointments with the client in the UK and possibly abroad.
• Complete errands when asked.
Other Applicable Duties upon Request
• Ensure that the client’s time is used efficiently, and their days’ appointments run smoothly
• Provide administrative and organisational support to the principal when required, including managing travel plans
• Plan and deliver conferences and leadership events
• Prepare meeting literature and materials
• Ensure confidentiality to all documentation and other communications
• Execute research projects as requested
Additional Duties within the Team
• Become the main point of contact between clients and the manager
• Screen calls and direct them – as well as other correspondence – to the correct people
• Handle queries and requests appropriately
• Schedule meetings and appointments
• Manage diaries across time zones
• Organise travel arrangements
• Take minutes and dictation
• Source the necessary office supplies
• Produce reports, briefs and presentations
• Devise an office filing strategy and maintain it
The minimum requirements to apply are:
• Proven experience as a stellar executive assistant (minimum three years)
• Extensive Knowledge of office procedures and management systems
• Confidentiality and 100% discretion at all times
• Degree holder
• Computer literacy spanning multiple tools, including GSuite
• Outstanding report skills
• Excellent communication skills with all staff members
• Private executive assistant experience is essential
• Corporate executive assistant experience is essential
• Fluent English skills allowing the EA to be concise and to the point
• Professional, hardworking and loyal
• Strong organisation skillset with an eye for detail
• Well-presented and articulate at all times
• Calm problem-solving skills when under pressure
• Self-driven and enthusiastic about working as an EA
• Microsoft Office proficient
• Must be able to prioritise and handle multiple deadlines continuously
• Someone who will go the extra mile to get a good result
• A professional who can work alone or as part of a team
• Must have excellent and reliable references to hand
The gross salary offered for this vacancy is between £35,000 and £45,000, depending on the successful applicant’s experience.