Governess Wanted – Jobs in Surrey – Vacancy Summary
Client(s): Private Family
Guaranteed annual gross salary: up to £85,000
Requirements: 3 years of previous experience, mother tongue English
Available type(s): permanent, full-time, live-out
Location: Oxshott, Surrey, UK
A lovely family living in Oxshott, Surrey is seeking a professional and energetic governess to help their 7-years old daughter from Monday-Friday, 5 hours a day, starting April. The governess is expected to act as a faultless role model for her. The successful candidate will set an exemplary influence and help her with schoolwork and education overall.
The governess will be charged with planning the daily routines of the child, building in extra tuition to complement her schooling and help her develop learning. In addition, the governess will teach exceptional social skills, etiquette, manners and good behaviour daily. To do this, everyday educational interactions are required. There may be occasions when you will be required to travel with them.
Thus, we are welcoming applicants who have an impressive background in tutoring, teaching or education. This position is live-out.
The Governess’ Duties Include:
• Operate as a teacher or academic mentor for the child
• Responsible for promoting educational, intellectual and social development
• Arrange leisure activities, educational excursions, and extra curriculum activities
• The ability to teach art or music is considered a plus
• Teach good etiquette and promote exceptional behavior and manners
• Create an everyday routine from feeding to bathing and sleeping
The Minimum Requirements to Apply Are:
• Experienced tutor or teaching professional
• Flexible with a hardworking and can-do attitude
• Vast governess working experience
• Mastery of English
• A long-term commitment
The salary for this position remains open for negotiation but is expected to be up to £85,000 per year dependent upon past experiences.