Position: Live-in / Live-out Housekeeper Cook
Client(s): Private Family
Guaranteed annual gross salary: up to £35,000
Requirements: previous experience, driver’s license and own car, pet friendly, good English
Available type(s): permanent, full-time, live-out/live-in
Location: Virginia Water, Surrey, UK
Are you a professional Housekeeper Cook looking for a new role?
A lovely and relaxed family of 3 based in Virginia Water, Surrey is searching for a Housekeeper Cook to join their household. The main responsibility of the housekeeper will be to maintain the cleanliness of the beautiful 5-bedrooms house and to cook healthy and nutritious meals, meat, fish and preparing salads for the family. This professional role is for a kind, polite, helpful, amenable, loyal, honest, reliable and hardworking person who is pet friendly, as the family own one.
There is another housekeeper who looks after the property who will be covering the jobs on the other’s days off. May work together sometimes when they have family or friends visiting, so we are looking for someone who is happy to work alongside another housekeeper and understands the role changes depending on what the family are doing and who they have invited over. Some days will be busier than others.
A driving license required and own car. No travelling and no babysitting, as the family has employed a Nanny for their one-year-old baby.
Working schedule: Full-time, 5 days/week (Thursday-Monday); The starting date is immediately.
- Complete general housekeeping duties
- Cooking for the family
- Running errands, shopping
- Cleaning product knowledge and what to use on correct surfaces (such as marble, silver nickel etc.)
- Bed making
- General laundry skills / dry cleaning
- Careful handling of fine fabrics
- Ironing skills/ bed sheet laundry
- Machine washing towels
- Clean the bathrooms / window cleaning
- Take in deliveries and organise the kitchen supplies, pantries, etc.
- Feeding family dog
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Competent Cook
- Good level of English
- Previous experience in working for a private family home, both cooking and cleaning, with checkable references
- Confident driver with own car; Dog friendly
- Non-smokers will be considered
- DBS check required prior to start
The salary is up to £35,000 gross/year, depending on the successful applicant’s experience. For the live-in option, a lovely annex on the property with bedroom, kitchen, sitting room, and en-suite bathroom is provided, all bills included, except the food. Please note that the provided accommodation cannot be used as a home during the days off.