Position: Live-in Housekeeper
Client: Private Family
Salary: up to £2,200 net per month
Requirements: previous experience, able to cook Indian, Chinese, Thai or Japanese dishes
Available type(s): permanent, full-time, live-in
Location: Central Oxford (OX2)
Are you a professional housekeeper looking for a new live-in role?
A lovely Indian family located in Oxford (OX2), is searching for a Live-in Housekeeper to join their active household. The main responsibility of the housekeeper will be to maintain the cleanliness of their 5-bedrooms house, cook daily Indian, Chinese, Thai or Japanese dishes (only vegetarian) and look after their two sons aged 14 and 16.
The successful candidate will be cheerful, trustworthy, respectful and proactive. Being a team player is also important, as you will work along with another house manager/driver. Most of the duties and responsibilities are shared with the other employee. House sitting required.
Working schedule: 5/6 days per week. One weekday off and every 2 weeks you will have two consecutive days off.
The starting date: Immediately;
The housekeeper’s duties include:
- Cleaning, sweeping, hoovering, dusting throughout
- Cooking Indian vegetarian dishes or Chinese, Thai, Japanese dishes;
- Organising the bedrooms, fluffing pillows, changing bedding
- Cleaning all areas of the kitchen, tidying after meals
- Organising the cupboards, fridge, pantries
- Deep cleaning of bathrooms
- Laundry, ironing and shoe cleaning
- Monitor supplies and re-order and groceries shopping
- Window cleaning;
- Looking after the children;
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Tagalog, Hindi or Nepali speakers preferred;
- Previous experience;
- Good level of English
- Confident cook or willing the learn how to cook North and South Indian dishes;
- Only non-smokers will be considered for this role
- Enhanced DBS check required prior to start
The offered salary is up to £2,200 net monthly. The accommodation consists of an en-suite bedroom with a bathroom. Vegetarian food and all bills are included. Also, the position comes with 28 days of paid holiday. You can use the staff lodge outside the house with a small kitchen for non-vegetarian cooking. No pets or visitors are allowed at the provided accommodation. The family travels extensively so you will have a lot of downtime during the year.