Position: Part-time Housekeeper
Client: Private Family
Salary: Up to £18 per hour
Requirements: previous experience with fine arts and antique furniture, a good level of English, highly proactive
Available type(s): permanent, part-time, live-out, 15 hours/week in the mornings
Location: Islington (N1), London
Are you a professional housekeeper looking for a part-time role in London?
A lovely young couple located in Islington, London (5 min walking from Angel Station) is searching for a Part-time Housekeeper to join their active household. The main responsibility of the housekeeper will be to maintain the cleanliness of their 4-bedrooms house and keep it organised to the highest of standards.
The successful candidate will be trustworthy, highly proactive, with plenty of housekeeping experience when it comes to fine arts and antique furniture. They are looking for someone who can act as a house manager and liaise with electricians, and tradesmen in general.
The family has no pets but they might get a dog in the future, so you need to be pet friendly. No driving or travelling is required. Some occasionality cooking. The house has a small garden and you will need to keep the garden furniture clean.
Working schedule: 15 hours/week split Mon, Wed, Fri (8 am – 1 pm). The family is a bit flexible with the working days for the right candidate, but please apply only if you are available during the mornings.
The starting date is mid-October/November.
The housekeeper’s duties include:
- Cleaning, sweeping, hoovering, dusting throughout
- Organising the bedrooms, fluffing pillows, changing bedding
- Cleaning all areas of the kitchen, tidying after meals
- Organising the cupboards, fridge, pantries
- Deep cleaning of bathrooms at least once a week
- Laundry, ironing and shoe cleaning
- Arrange dry cleaning
- Monitor supplies and re-order and groceries shopping
- Cleaning down surfaces and polishing
- Window cleaning and cleaning garden furniture
- Running errands, take deliveries, messages
- Occasionally light cooking
- Liaise with tradesmen
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Previous experience in working for a private family
- Good level of English
- Someone highly proactive and able to act as a house manager
- Fit and active, as this a narrow house with lots of steps
- Someone looking for a long-term, permanent position
- DBS check required prior to start
The salary is open for negotiation depending on the successful applicant’s experience and personality (up to £18 per hour).