Position: Live-in Housekeeper
Client: Female Principal
Salary: Top salary
Requirements: 7-10 years’ experience, good English, non-smoker
Available type(s): permanent, full-time, live-in
Location: Belgravia, London, UK
Are you a professional housekeeper looking for a new role?
A lovely female Principal located in Belgravia, London is searching for a Live-in Housekeeper to join her active household. The main responsibility of the housekeeper will be to maintain the cleanliness of her 5-bedrooms house and keep it organised to the highest of standards.
The successful candidate will be cheerful, trustworthy, highly proactive, with plenty of housekeeping experience when it comes to fine arts, wood and marble floorings. Being a team player is also important, as you will work along with another live-out housekeeper and a daily Chef.
The Principle has 2 dogs so being pet friendly is a must. The dogs have their own groomer but because of the Covid situation, he only comes one day per month. No driving or travelling is required. Some occasionality cooking during the weekends, when the employed Chef is off.
Working schedule: Mon-Sat, from 8 AM to 8.30 PM, with 2 hours break. Sunday off.
The starting date: January 2021, but this is flexible for the right candidate;
The housekeeper’s duties include:
- Cleaning, sweeping, hoovering, dusting throughout
- Organising the bedrooms, fluffing pillows, changing bedding
- Cleaning all areas of the kitchen, tidying after meals
- Organising the cupboards, fridge, pantries
- Deep cleaning of bathrooms
- Laundry, ironing and shoe cleaning
- Arrange dry cleaning
- Monitor supplies and re-order and groceries shopping
- Cleaning down surfaces and polishing
- Window cleaning;
- Running errands, take deliveries, messages
- Cooking during the weekend;
- Look after, walk and pick up after dogs
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- 7-10 years of previous experience in working for private families / 5* hotels
- Good level of English
- Someone proactive, cheerful, team player and very Covid aware
- Confident cook
- Fit and active, as this a narrow house with 5 floors
- Someone looking for a long-term, permanent position
- Only non-smokers and non-drinkers will be considered for this role
- DBS check required prior to start
The salary is open for negotiation depending on the successful applicant’s experience. The accommodation consists of an en-suite bedroom with its own bathroom. Food and all bills are included. Also, the position comes with 28 days of paid holiday.