Position: Live-in Housekeepers
Client(s): Private Family
Salary: £500 net/week (£33,000 gross/year)
Requirements: Tagalog speaker and good English, experienced laundress, non-smokers
Available type(s): permanent, full-time, live-in
Location: Central London, Piccadilly, UK
A friendly international family of 4 living in Central London (Piccadilly) is looking for 2 Live-in Housekeepers to join their active household. The main responsibility of the housekeeper will be to maintain the cleanliness of their 6-bedrooms home and keep it organised to the highest of standards.
The candidates should be educated on clothing care and able to tackle all fabrics. Experience in caring for expensive clothes is a must.
The successful candidates will be trustworthy, kind and proactive, with plenty of housekeeping experience. The family is in the process of moving to this new house and some help with the packing and unpacking might be required. The household include 2 children aged 11 and 5, but the housekeepers are not expected to look after them, as they have a nanny employed.
Working schedule: Mon-Fri, 40 hours/week, but some flexibility is required;
The starting date is the 8th of September.
Main duties include:
- Complete general housekeeping duties
- Sweeping, hoovering and cleaning floors
- Caring for expensive clothes
- Dusting throughout
- Organising the bedrooms
- Cleaning all areas of the kitchen
- Cleaning product knowledge and what to use on correct surfaces (such as marble, silver nickel etc.)
- Deep cleaning of bathrooms at least once a week
- Laundry and ironing
- Organising the cupboards, fridge, pantries
- Changing bedding
- Tidying after meals
- Cleaning down surfaces and polishing
- Window cleaning
- Fluffing pillows
- Take in deliveries and organise the kitchen supplies, pantries, etc.
- Running daily errands
- Buying cleaning products and groceries
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Tagalog speakers and good level of English
- Previous experience in working for a private family
- Fit and active
- Experienced laundress
- Someone looking for a long-term, permanent position
- Only non-smokers will be considered
- DBS check required prior to start
The salary is £500 net/week (£33,000 gross per year), but is negotiable depending on the successful applicant’s experience. Being a live-in role, they offer a lovely room with en-suite bathroom that you will share it with the other housekeeper. You will have 4 weeks holidays and banks holidays off. The food is included.