Position: Part-time Housekeeper
Client: Private Family
Salary: £13 gross/hour
Requirements: previous experience, competent cook, good English, non-smoker
Available type(s): permanent, part-time, live-out, daily in the morning
Location: Central London, Marylebone, UK
A lovely young family of 3 located in Central London, Marylebone (W1H) is searching for a (morning) Part-time Housekeeper to join their active household. The main responsibility of the housekeeper will be to maintain the cleanliness of their 4-bedrooms home and keep it organised to the highest of standards. Another important duty of the housekeeper will be to cook simple, healthy dishes for the family once/twice a week.
The successful candidate will be trustworthy, kind and proactive, with plenty of housekeeping experience. The housekeeper will use bio/organic products. The family is in the process of moving to this new house and some help with the packing and unpacking might be required. The household includes a toddler, but the housekeeper is not expected to look after him, as they have a nanny employed. They also have 2 small patios and no pets.
Working schedule: 5 days a week 4hours in the mornings – 8:30-12:30 or 9-1pm;
The starting date is end of September.
The housekeeper’s duties include:
- All housekeeping duties
- Light healthy cooking once/twice a week
- Sweeping, hoovering, and cleaning floors
- Dusting throughout
- Organising the bedrooms
- Cleaning all areas of the kitchen
- Deep cleaning of bathrooms at least once a week
- Laundry and ironing
- Organising the cupboards, fridge, pantries and making use of leftover meals
- Changing bedding
- Keep patios clean
- Tidying after meals
- Cleaning down surfaces and polishing
- Window cleaning, fluffing pillows
- Running daily errands
- Buying cleaning products and some groceries
- In charge of ensuring Ocado food delivery is accepted.
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Previous experience in working for a private family
- Competent Cook
- Good level of English
- Fit and active, as this a narrow house with 4 floors
- Someone looking for a long-term, permanent position
- Only non-smokers will be considered
- DBS check required prior to start
The salary starts at £13 gross/hour, but is negotiable, depending on the successful applicant’s experience.