Position: Live-in Housekeeper / Carer
Client: Private Family
Salary: cca £33,000 gpa (£500 net pw)
Requirements: previous experience, cooking skills
Available type(s): permanent, full-time, live-in
Location: Barnet, North London (EN4), UK
Are you a live-in housekeeper in London looking for a new role?
A live-in housekeeper / carer is sought to start looking after a lovely family of four (working parents with two grown-up children), their medium size dog and their 92-year-old father/grandfather, based in Barnet (EN4) North London (5 min walking to Cockfosters station on Piccadilly line). The role will involve splitting time between two properties (100m away).
Working schedule: Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm (with one-hour lunch break); Weekends off.
Starting date: 1st / 2nd of January 2022;
The role will involve splitting time between the two properties with a typical start time of 8am until 6pm (with an hour off for lunch) as follows:
- The live-in care part of the role is for a 92-year-old man, who does not thankfully need medical care as he is generally very fit, well physically and mentally, but was widowed some years ago. The gentleman’s daughter and son-in-law live 100 meters away and are responsible for the gentleman’s overall care and wellbeing and the role include looking after the 92-year gentleman and the flat, and housekeeping at the family home during the day.
- Just before an 8am start at the main family home: Making tea and small breakfast for the gentleman before arriving at the family house
- After arriving at the main house: dog walking at 8am (daily)
- Empty dishwashers, empty bins, make all beds, take care of all the washing and ironing, including bed linen and the daily household washing and ironing, clean the house.
- Housework to include cleaning thoroughly all rooms ie bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen, study, gym and all living areas and keeping clean and tidy all parts of the house that are used.
- Keep to help and maintain/run the home running smoothly and organise whatever needs doing.
- Sort out drawers/wardrobes/cupboards on an ad hoc basis. Any shopping or items that are needed weekly for the home, make a list and give to the Lady each week to add to her orders.
- Daily walking and weekly bathing and drying of an extremely well trained and behaved dog.
- Preparation and cooking of all evening weekday meals for the family and laying the table, and household cooking including some food preparation, baking a cake once a week etc. Other duties as agreed.
- When taking your hour lunch break, pop back to the flat either after or before your break for say 15 minutes and prepare lunch/food for the gentleman and clean away.
- At 5.30 pm at the flat – duties include: Preparing easy evening meals for both yourself and the gentleman or make extra food at the family home earlier in the day for that evening.
- Attend any doctors, dentist appointments if needed (usually the family deal with these themselves, but on occasion, if working, may ask you to stand in). During the week and/or Saturday morning cleaning the whole flat i.e. both bedrooms, lounge bathroom and kitchen. Gentleman’s clothes washing and ironing regularly. On occasion the gentleman may have a panic attack or nightmare and whilst no medical care is needed, a calming hand and a comforting presence are needed and if the gentleman becomes unwell the family is advised immediately.
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Previous experience working for a private family;
- Good level of English;
- Cooking skills;
- A driving licence will be a bonus, but not essential;
- Valid DBS check and excellent references required;
- Available to start early January 2022;
The salary for this role is £500 net per week (cca £33,000 gross per annum). Your accommodation consists of your own bedroom in a well-maintained 2-bedroom flat, very close to the tube, with a direct line to Central London. Use of a car by prior arrangement. The position comes with 28 days of paid holidays (including bank holidays). By prior arrangement and on rare occasions, to work on an evening or at a weekend, if there is a party of event, with time off given in lieu. This is a long-term and stable position, looking for someone who wants to become part of the family.