Position: Part-time Housekeeper
Client: Private Family
Salary: £16-£20 gph
Requirements: previous experience, non-smoker
Available type(s): permanent, part-time, live-out
Location: Chelsea (SW3), London
Are you a professional housekeeper looking for a new part-time role?
A highly experienced part-time housekeeper is sought to start working for a lovely young professional couple located in Chelsea, London (SW3), 5 minutes walking to Sloane Square station. The main responsibility of the housekeeper will be to maintain the cleanliness of their 2-bedrooms terraced house with a small garden and keep it organised to the highest of standards. The Principals are working from home, so they need someone who is comfortable with that.
Along with cleaning duties, occasionally prep/light cooking will be required. The candidate must be cat-friendly. Experience with delicate glassware or fragile items is much appreciated. The successful candidate will be Covid-aware, discreet, detail-oriented and self-starter, organized and trustworthy. No travelling or driving is involved.
Working schedule: 12-15 h/week, split between two or three weekdays (preferable mornings & Fridays). The family can be flexible for the right candidate.
Starting date: ASAP
The duties include:
- Sweeping, hoovering and cleaning
- Laundry and ironing
- Organising the bedrooms and changing bedding, fluffing pillows
- Cleaning all areas of the kitchen and tidying after meals
- Deep cleaning of bathrooms
- Organising the cupboards, fridge, pantries
- Cleaning down surfaces and polishing
- Occasionally light meal preparation (Preparing ingredients for cooking from a
- Running local errands and grocery shopping
- Pet care, such as feeding, litter box, some brushing
- Cleaning patio furniture, watering indoor plants
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Previous experience in working for a private family
- Good level of spoken English
- Only non-smokers will be considered
- Valid DBS check and excellent references required
The salary range is between £16 to £20 gross per hour, depending on experience. The position comes with pro-rata holidays.