Position: Part-time Housekeeper
Client: Private Family
Salary: £13 gross/hour
Requirements: previous experience, fluent in English
Available type(s): permanent, part-time, live-out
Location: Chelsea, London (SW3), UK
Are you a professional housekeeper looking for a part-time role in London?
A lovely Principal and her daughter located in Chelsea, London (SW3) is searching for a Part-time Housekeeper to join their active household. The main responsibility of the housekeeper will be to maintain the cleanliness of their 5-bedrooms home and keep it organised to the highest of standards. In the same area, the Principal has 2 more flats that need weekly cleaning.
The successful candidate will be trustworthy, kind and proactive, with plenty of housekeeping experience. No driving or traveling is required. The family has no pets.
Working schedule: 20-25 hours/week split ideally Mon, Wed, Fri (10 am – 6 pm) or into 5 mornings or 5 afternoons. The starting date is immediately.
The housekeeper’s duties include:
- Cleaning, laundry, ironing and shoe cleaning for principals and any house guests
- Arrange dry cleaning
- Take deliveries, messages
- Sweeping and hoovering the three properties
- Occasionally light cooking
- Dusting throughout
- Organising the bedrooms, fluffing pillows, changing bedding
- Cleaning all areas of the kitchen, tidying after meals
- Deep cleaning of bathrooms at least once a week
- Organising the cupboards, fridge, pantries
- Monitor supplies and re-order
- Cleaning down surfaces and polishing
- Window cleaning
- Running daily errands
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Previous experience in working for a private family
- Good level of English
- Fit and active, as this a narrow house with lots of steps
- Someone looking for a long-term, permanent position
- DBS check required prior to start
The salary starts at £13 gross/hour, but is negotiable, depending on the successful applicant’s experience.