Position: Live-out House Manager (with own car)
Client: Mature couple
Salary: starting at £35,000 gross per year DOE
Requirements: 3 years of experience, driving licence
Job type: permanent, full-time, live-out
Location: Etchingham, East Sussex (TN19)
Starting date: ASAP
Are you a House Manager in East Sussex looking for a new role?
A lovely mature couple is seeking a professional live-out House Manager to look after their large property located in Etchingham, East Sussex (TN19) and be the first point of contact. This is the family’s holiday residence and they will usually spend there about four months per year.
We are looking for a candidate who wishes to settle into this role, make it their own, with a view to staying long term. You will be the main point of contact, and will create a harmonious, welcoming, stress-free atmosphere at all times. Ideally, we are looking for someone experienced in planning permission, building regulations and overseeing contractors.
The family has no pets, no cooking nor housekeeping will be expected. No travelling. The family doesn’t have any other permanent staff employed.
Working schedule: Full-time, 3-5 days per week, deepening on the season, but some flexibility is required;
The starting date is ASAP.
The House Manager will be responsible for these main tasks:
- General property maintenance and hands-on with all administrative duties
- Responsible for the overall security of the property including H&S and Fire Risk
- Overseeing the maintenance of the large house and two acres garden
- Arrange and oversee tradesmen
- Managing all outside contractors and be present at the property while they visit. Contractors include: oil top-up company, cesspit cleaning, cleaning company, smart home company, gardeners, visits from any electrical/water companies etc.
- Overseeing any future building and maintenance work (nothing planned at the moment)
- Develop a maintenance plan for the property, keep a house maintenance journal and record all property maintenance works with approved contractors and vendors
- Inventory and scheduling maintenance including supplies, renovations and furnishings
- Oversee the work of contractors and procurement of household goods
- Manage petty cash, paying all bills for the property, managing utility bills, liaising with utility providers
- Managing rubbish collection/recycling (putting out bins outside the gates)
- Managing deliveries and post
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- English or Russian speaker
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role, with checkable references
- Confident driver with own car (ideal)
- Located within a reasonable commute
- DBS check required prior to start
The salary starts at £35,000 gross per year and is negotiable depending on the successful applicant’s experience. The position comes with 28 days off, including bank holidays and on-site parking is offered.
To apply, please submit your CV in .doc format at [email protected] and please state your location, notice period and salary expectations.