Position: After-school Nanny
Client: Private Family
Gross salary: £15-18 gross ph
Requirements: Cooking skills, high level of English, previous experience;
Available type(s): permanent, part-time, live-out
Location: Kensington, London (W8)
Are you an After-school Nanny in London looking for a new role?
After-school nanny required to help a family with 3 children (boy aged 12; girls aged 6 and 10) primarily from their home in London W8. The main duties will be to collect children from school, look after them, help them with their homework and take them to after-school activities. The successful candidate will be ideally looking for a long-term commitment, someone bright, proactive and self-starter. Having a driving licence for this role is beneficial but not essential. The nanny is also required to cook daily dinner for the whole family, using Gousto recipe boxes and similar. Baking ability and someone who enjoys music / plays an instrument and can read sheet music would be a huge bonus!
Starting date: ASAP / Up to one month notice period is acceptable;
Core hours: 2pm / 3pm until 7:30pm / 8pm Monday to Friday; Occasional evening babysitting (once or twice a week max) if desired. Occasional weekend work (if desired) and more hours will be available during the school holidays when the family are in London. Possibility to travel with the family on holiday if required by them (and if suitable for the nanny).
Duties to include:
- School / club pick-ups / meeting the older child at the bus stop and walking him home from time to time
- Taking the children to various after-school activities (tennis, swimming, netball etc.)
- Helping with homework (mainly the two younger children). Encouraging music practice (practical and theory)
- Cooking: preparing and cooking meals for the family every evening
- Tidying up after the children and encouraging them to tidy up themselves
- Playing with the children when there is time (mainly the younger girls): board games, arts and crafts, reading, poetry etc.
- Helping the two younger children get ready for bed: bathe/wash them, brush teeth, and get them into pyjamas
- Lay out clothes, instruments, sports kits etc. for school the next day
- A nice to have extra (but not essential): someone who can help the mother with some house admin from time to time;
- Similar experience with these ages
- English fluent; someone who is confident and capable of doing homework (particularly reading) with the younger children
- Someone confident, fun-loving, positive, patient and kind with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Someone who enjoys music / plays an instrument and can read sheet music would be a bonus
- Paediatric first aid certificate and Enhanced DBS check
The rate is £15 to £18 gross ph, depending on experience and qualifications. The position comes with pro-rata paid holidays Parking can be available.
To apply for this role, please email us your CV at [email protected]