Position: Live-in Governess / PA
Client: Private Family & B4, B6
Salary: £50k gross pa + bonuses + car
Requirements: previous experience; driving licence;
Available type(s): full-time, permanent, live-in
Location: Putney, London.
Are you a Live-in Governess in London searching for a new role?
A family based in Putney, London is seeking an experienced and educated live-in Governess and Personal Assistant for the care and educational support of their two sons aged 4 and 6. This role is to assist the parents, who both work however are quite hands on and involved with their son’s
activities along with supporting their education. Knowledge of the British curriculum is required and confidence in supporting school aged children reach their milestones.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, active and confident person who is a team player and can roll up sleeves to get things done; someone that will assist the family with daily errands while boys are at school (though these will be generally shared), for example:
- administrative tasks (kids activities, travel bookings, post office trips etc.)
- assisting with laundry if the housekeeper for instance is ill or the kids have had a muddy outing
- cooking (whilst they are not seeking a chef, it is preferred that the candidate is confident and able to cook simple and healthy meals as the household will all eat together in the evening), and
- driving (an experienced driver with clean licence, a car will be provided for you at work).
Whilst they are seeking a calm, kind and warm-hearted individual, the person must need to know when to instill authority and ensure the children adhere to their routine and know when it is playtime and when they need to focus. The person should be able to forward plan rather than being reactive; for instance preparing a plan for school holiday activities in advance, preparing bags on Saturday for Monday school, etc.
An active type, who loves the outdoors and sporting activities would work well within this home as the family is often out and about – even in the rain. The person may need to be sole charge for short periods, however there will always be at least one parent at home every evening. Whilst it isn’t essential, a candidate who is creative and enjoy arts and crafts is preferred. There will also be opportunities to travel with the family (2/4 weeks per year);
Working hours: 40 hours per week, Tuesday to Saturday (Sunday & Monday days off), however there will need to be some flexibility depending on if the children are at any holiday camps or if a parent is travelling;
- Tue, Wed, Thu: 1pm to 8pm
- Friday 12pm to 8pm
- Saturday 8am to 4pm
- + Extra sitting hours: 3 hrs
Starting date: April 2023;
- English MT
- Driving licence (a car will be provided)
- Childcare/teaching qualifications, UK degree educated preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional or personal experience
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Excellent contactable recent working references
- Enhanced DBS check
The salary is up to £50,000 gross per annum (depending on experience and qualifications) + additional milestone performance bonuses of up to £7,500. Live-in accommodation provided (own room and separate bathroom) inclusive of meals and utilities. Long-term and stable position with a reputable family. The position comes with 28 days of paid holidays (including bank holidays or days off in lieu).