Position: Live-out Carer/Housekeeper
Client: Mature couple in their 70s
Salary: £33,000 gross pa
Requirements: previous experience;
Available type(s): full-time, permanent, live-out;
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, (SY3)
Are you a Personal Carer in Shrewsbury looking for a new role?
A lovely mature couple in their early 70s, based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, (SY3) is seeking a Live-out Personal Carer/Companion/Housekeeper to assist them daily. Driving licence and, ideally, owning a car is quite essential for this role if you’re not living locally.
The main responsibility of the role will be to assist with personal care and companionship, to maintain the cleanliness of their 4-bedroom house and to cook basic meals for them daily.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, organized, kind, sociable and trustworthy. The family also employs another Carer who comes in daily (evening) and a gardener, so being a team player is important. No pets.
Working hours: 6 days per week, full-time role;
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 07:30-13:00;
- Tuesday, Thursday: 07:30-15:30;
- Saturday OR Sunday: 07:30-13:00 (this will be ideal, but they can be flexible);
The starting date for the job is ASAP;
- Personal care
- Daily cooking
- House management
- General cleaning, sweeping, hoovering
- Laundry and ironing
- Organising the cupboards, fridge, pantries
- Running errands
- Weekly grocery shopping
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Previous experience in working for a private family
- Good level of English;
- Cooking skills
- Driving licence (and own car ideally)
- Care experience and preferably with an NVQ Level 3
- Only non-smokers will be considered
- Valid DBS check and excellent references required
Salary: Our client is offering an attractive and competitive package to the chosen candidate that starts at £33,000 gross per year, depending on experience. The position comes with 28 days of paid holidays, including bank holidays.
To apply, please submit your CV in Word (.doc) format at [email protected];